Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Making the gums, part of ZBrush: Sculpting Portraits.
- In general when I work, I like to make the…large structures, and then builder smaller…details off of that.…The teeth and gums are a perfect example of…this way of thinking.…In this video, I'll first make the gums, so…that then we have a base for making the teeth.…Let's make the gums by appending a ring 3-D object.…Alright let's go to this sub-tool, make it active,…now we can't see it, we need need to turn on transparency.…Let's go to Transform, turn on Transparency,…and you can see the ring there inside the head.…
So let's get this moved and rotated into place.…I'm going to use the various manipulators,…and I'll just rotate this and we'll use move by hitting W,…let's move this down here, and let's also scale it.…I want to turn on the symmetry,…so let's go to Transform, activate Symmetry,…and now let's draw out our manipulator for scale,…and we'll just size that down.…And we just want to get something that's about…the right size and position for the gums.…
We can always move it and fine tune that…positioning later, but just something in general…
- Working with a photo reference
- Blocking out the proportions
- Blocking out the ears
- Aligning the model with the photos
- Shaping the eyelids, nose, and mouth
- Making teeth
- Sculpting and styling hair
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Female Android in ZBrushwith Ryan Kittleson4h 10m Intermediate
Maya: 3D Printing with Shapewayswith Ryan Kittleson1h 46m Intermediate
1. Working with a Photo Reference
2. Starting to Sculpt
3. Working on the Midrange Details
4. Making Teeth
5. Sculpting the Hair
6. Refining the Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.