Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Making fine wrinkles and pores, part of ZBrush: Sculpting Portraits.
- [Voiceover] Now that we're done with the big, medium,…and small details, it's time to get into…the really fine surface texture.…These are the pores, the very fine wrinkles,…things like that.…In this video, I'll show you some of the techniques…that I use to get this level of detail.…Okay, so the first thing I want to do is establish…kind of general, allover, surface skin detail.…So, for that we'll use the standard brush.…It's BST, if you don't have it up already.…And let's change the stroke type to Spray.…
And I also want to change the Alpha…to something that has kind of a dappled texture to it,…maybe the Alpha 07.…And let's just spray some of this out and see what happens.…Okay, not exactly the effect we want, so I'm going to hit…Control Z to undo that.…Let's make the draw size smaller so the detail's finer.…Let's bring the intensity down as well and see what we get.…Okay, much better.…And if I zoom in more here, you can kind of…see the surface texture I'm getting.…It's just little tiny bumps everywhere.…
But it's going to give a nice little texture…
- Working with a photo reference
- Blocking out the proportions
- Blocking out the ears
- Aligning the model with the photos
- Shaping the eyelids, nose, and mouth
- Making teeth
- Sculpting and styling hair
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Female Android in ZBrushwith Ryan Kittleson4h 10m Intermediate
Maya: 3D Printing with Shapewayswith Ryan Kittleson1h 46m Intermediate
1. Working with a Photo Reference
2. Starting to Sculpt
3. Working on the Midrange Details
4. Making Teeth
5. Sculpting the Hair
6. Refining the Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.