Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Making the cuff, part of ZBrush: Modeling Footwear.
- [Instructor] Some shoes like this have a strip…of material around the top called a cuff or a collar.…This piece is similar to the tongue that we just made…in that it's made up of two pieces…of material that are kind of puffy…and have an interior seam connecting them.…There's a few differences though, so let's check it out.…Now, I'm starting out this video skipped ahead a little bit…because so far this piece was made…with the exact same techniques as the tongue.…However, there are a few unique differences.…Taking a look at the reference,…you can see that the bottom edge of the cuff…has the same cut edge that the other patches have,…but the top is curved and sewn together like the tongue.…
So to do this, what I want to do is…I'll turn off my floor here…to get that reference out of the way.…Let me zoom in, and you can see I've got…two different SubTools right now for the cuff.…This inner piece, if I turn on Solo mode, you can see that.…And if I turn Solo mode back off…and Alt + click on the outside,…you can see I've got this piece as well.…
- Creating the sole
- Modeling the basic sole shape
- Making a template for the repeating treads
- Tweaking the sole geometry
- Making the basic upper shape
- Creating the laces
- Making a shoelace brush
- Adding the fine details
- Sculpting specific leather detail
- Sculpting the irregularities
- Making fuzzy suede texture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the Sole
2. Making the Upper
3. Creating the Laces
4. Adding the Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.