- [Narrator] Now that the sole is done,…we have a foundation from which to build the upper.…And since we can start the upper…by using the shape of the sole,…we'll know that they both fit together really well.…So let's get to it.…Okay, so let's use the model that we've already got going…to create the upper.…So, I've got the sole selected here in the subtools.…And, let's click Duplicate.…And, we can go ahead and switch to this duplicate.…Hide the original one.…Actually it doesn't matter which one.…And, let's zoom in here.…
And, I'm going to delete everything except this top surface.…So, if I hold down control shift, and click on this top,…we're going to hide everything that wasn't part…of that top poly group, and we'll just…delete whatever is hidden.…So, Geometry.…We'll go to Modify Topology, and Del Hidden.…Okay, so now let's go ahead and extrude this upwards.…So I'm going to hit shift F to look at my wireframe.…We'll get my Z modeler brush out.…B, Z, M.…And let's go ahead and hover over a polygon.…
And switch to extrude mode.…
- Creating the sole
- Modeling the basic sole shape
- Making a template for the repeating treads
- Tweaking the sole geometry
- Making the basic upper shape
- Creating the laces
- Making a shoelace brush
- Adding the fine details
- Sculpting specific leather detail
- Sculpting the irregularities
- Making fuzzy suede texture
Skill Level Intermediate
ZBrush 2018 Essential Trainingwith Ryan Kittleson5h 2m Beginner
1. Creating the Sole
2. Making the Upper
3. Creating the Laces
4. Adding the Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.