Join Eric Keller for an in-depth discussion in this video Lighting the canvas, part of ZBrush 3 for Windows Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
One of the most powerful aspects of ZBrush is the ability to change the…lighting of the pixels on the canvas. This is certainly different from a…program like Photoshop or Painter, where you actually have to paint the…lighting into your composition. It is also different from 3D programs that have…separate light icons that work like spotlights or directional lights that you…can position in a 3D scene.…In ZBrush the lights are controlled using the Light palette. I'm going to take…the Light palette, and I'm going to click on this little switch here to move it…into the tray. Now it's very common to draw a 3D object onto the scene, start…moving the light around, and wonder why nothing is happening. The reason in…this case, if you remember, is because by default I have a Material Capture, a…MatCap material applied to the object, and MatCap materials have their lighting…baked into the material.…
So to start working with lighting, the first thing you need to do, is change to…a different material, and the BasicMaterial worked just fine for this. Now when…
- Building and posing digital armatures for sculpture
- Importing models from other 3D programs
- Learning how to sculpt a human head based on reference images
- Detailing skin and surfaces using textures and stencils
- Creating illustrations with depth, lighting, and surface materials
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. The ZBrush Interface
2. Working with 3D Models and Primitives
3. Digital Sculpting
4. Color, Texture, and Materials
5. Using ZBrush Sculpts in Other 3D Programs
6. Illustrating with ZBrush
7. Movies, Macros, and ZScripts
8. Top 14 Pitfalls for Beginners
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.