Take a tour of the new features in ZBrush 4R8, including Gizmo 3D and the ZModeler Brush, and learn how to use them on real-world projects.
- [Ryan] Hi, I'm Ryan Kittleson, and welcome to Zbrush 4R8: New Features. There's a lot of great new things to explore in the latest release of Zbrush. Follow along with me as I go through each of them and show how they can enhance your digital sculpting. First, we'll go into the new 3D Gizmo, which is an intuitive way to manipulate objects in your scene. Then, we'll look at the Zmodeler brush. It's not new to the latest version, but it's a big recent addition that deserves some attention because it revolutionizes poly modeling in Zbrush.
Next, we'll see how Live Booleans can change how I make pretty much everything. Finally, I'll go over some little additions that didn't get quite as much attention, but are powerful tools to have none the less. So, let's get started with Zbrush 4R8: New Features.
- Creating primitives and deforming meshes with Gizmo 3D
- Creating vector displacement maps
- Creasing edges with ZModeler
- Generating Booleaned results with Live Boolean mode
- Drawing straight strokes in ZBrush 4R8
- Creating text in ZBrush 4R8