Learn about Insert brushes and how to use them. You'll use the Gizmo 3D to manipulate insterted meshes and masking options to speed up the kitbashing method.
- [Instructor] Insert and curve brushes…are definitely your best bet for kitbashing,…especially IMM, or insert multi-mesh brushes,…as you can have an entire set of meshes…living within the same brush.…Later in this course, we'll dedicate a couple of videos…to the creation of our own custom insert brushes,…but in this video, I just want to give you…a brief walkthrough on how they work.…If you want to follow along, go ahead and load up the…testing_IMM brush from the exercise files.…
To load up a brush, click on the brush palette…and then click on the load button,…or you can also do it from the brush thumbnail,…then click on the load button here.…Once you load up the testing_IMM brush,…you'll see that the interface changes a little,…and now you have the IMM viewer at the top of the canvas.…This is a UI feature that is used only by the IMM brushes,…VDMs, nanomesh, and other brushes with multiple alphas.…It allows you to easily select between different objects…that live within the same brush.…
If you don't like the placement of this IMM viewer,…
- What is kitbashing?
- Advanced IMM brushes and Curve brushes
- Useful brushes for kitbashing
- Creating your own asset library
- Building organic shapes
- Creating and adjusting insert brushes
- Building hard surface shapes
- Fine-tuning shapes
Skill Level Intermediate
ZBrush and SubD: Design for 3D Printing with SLAwith Jean Gorospe1h 57m Intermediate
1. Intro to Kitbashing
2. Kitbashing Exercise
3. Building Your Own Organic Kit
4. Building Your Own Hard Surface Kit
5. Model Presentation
Render and presentation5m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.