- [Instructor] While you can certainly start making a shoe…in ZBrush without any reference to go off of,…it can't hurt to use it if you have it.…Even if it's just a sketch.…For this course, I'm providing free photos…that I took of one of my shoes that you can use…even if you don't have a premium subscription.…Of course, if you wanna take photos of a different shoe,…or find photos on the Internet,…that works just as well.…If you're taking your own photos,…just make sure to set the camera as far away as possible,…and then zoom in, to reduce perspective distortion.…Then you'll wanna make sure that the photos…line up in Photoshop…and have the same maximum pixel height or width.…
Now, those steps get kinda complicated.…That's outside the scope of this course.…There should be a totally separate course just for that.…So when in doubt,…use the reference that comes with this course.…Now let's take a look at how to bring these photos…into ZBrush and set up reference plans.…So we're starting from a fresh start of ZBrush,…
- Creating the sole
- Modeling the basic sole shape
- Making a template for the repeating treads
- Tweaking the sole geometry
- Making the basic upper shape
- Creating the laces
- Making a shoelace brush
- Adding the fine details
- Sculpting specific leather detail
- Sculpting the irregularities
- Making fuzzy suede texture
Skill Level Intermediate
ZBrush 2018 Essential Trainingwith Ryan Kittleson5h 2m Beginner
1. Creating the Sole
2. Making the Upper
3. Creating the Laces
4. Adding the Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.