Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Forming the heel tab, part of ZBrush: Modeling Footwear.
- [Instructor] Okay, there's just one more…major patch of the upper left to make.…The heel tab is a little finger pull…and it's made up of a simple strip of material.…It's nothing too hard to make,…but it does attach to the upper in a particular way,…so let's see some new tools and techniques…for getting this done.…All right, I'm gonna hide my grid right now.…I just wanna get rid of my reference images,…and let's make sure we're on our upper template object,…and let's come around to the back side…and we just wanna look at this from a back view…and let's go ahead and turn on transparent mode…so we can see through our other sub-tools,…and I'm simply gonna hold down control and drag down…a rectangle over the back end of the shoe here.…
All right, let's go ahead and unmask this front area…that got masked along with it,…so just control ALT, click and drag over that area.…Okay, so coming back around now…to what we've just masked off back here,…let's extract it, so I wanna go down…into my extract under sub-tool…and let's make sure smooth is set to zero,…
- Creating the sole
- Modeling the basic sole shape
- Making a template for the repeating treads
- Tweaking the sole geometry
- Making the basic upper shape
- Creating the laces
- Making a shoelace brush
- Adding the fine details
- Sculpting specific leather detail
- Sculpting the irregularities
- Making fuzzy suede texture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the Sole
2. Making the Upper
3. Creating the Laces
4. Adding the Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.