This is the final ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson for the pages where you will learn how to add a couple of individual pages by using the Orb Cracks brush in reverse, which allows you to pull out the geometry creating what looks like individual pages sticking out from the stack of pages within the pirate’s journal.
- [Voiceover] Let's go ahead and turn on…the skull and crossbones.…We turn all of those arrow on at this point,…and the book cover.…Whoops.…And we lost the paper.…There we go.…Nice.…So you can see how fast we put that together.…It went together really well.…Of course, you can definitely come in here…and start individually sculpting individual pages,…if you wanted to.…
One way I can do that…in a very simple way,…make sure that my page is selected,…and I'll go over to my Orb Cracks Brush.…Orb Cracks has a tendency to cut all the way in,…which is great at times.…In this particular instance,…we want a smaller brush, right?…And we don't necessarily want to cut in.…We want to do just the opposite,…we want to come out.…
So I'm going to get this in a little bit better perspective,…so by holding down alt, I can actually pull…that out, and you see,…I'm able to pull out an individual page,…like that.…Be careful.…Make sure that you don't make them equal.…You can see how I started to go equal.…That's always dangerous.…
I'll do the same on this end.…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.