Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Filling color and material, part of ZBrush: Modeling a Cartoon Character.
- [Instructor] Now that the modeling work is done, … let's move on to color. … While ZBrush isn't the most advanced software … for 3-D painting and material work, … it will do for the basics, … and that's all we need for this character. … In this video, I'll go over how to fill different parts … of the model with various colors and materials. … Now, let's fill this character with colors directly … from the concept art. … And what we need to do for that is to actually bring … in an image plane with the concept art … that's separate from the grid. … We can't actually sample colors from the grid, … so we'll have to go and append a new subtool. … So let's bring in a plane … and let's select that, … and I'll get the gizmo going. … And let's move this plane back in space a little bit, … just make it bigger. … And let's go down to its texture and import the texture map. … So go ahead and open up texture map … and click on the swatch there and let's go to import. … And let's go to the exercise files for this video …
- Setting up reference images
- Creating the basic body shape
- Making the facial shapes
- Refining the anatomy
- Modeling cartoon props
- Adding eyes and teeth
- Merging the body parts
- Retopologizing the model for posing
- Texturing and posing the model
Skill Level Intermediate
ZBrush 2018 Essential Trainingwith Ryan Kittleson5h 2m Beginner
ZBrush: Product Prototyping Techniqueswith Pablo Muñoz1h 36m Intermediate
1. Blocking Out the Character
2. Finishing the Character’s T Pose
3. Painting and Texturing
4. Creating the Guitar
5. Posing the Character
6. Rendering and Presentation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.