Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Extracting more complex patches, part of ZBrush: Modeling Footwear.
- [Narrator] Okay, now let's move on to a few patches…that are similar to ones we made in the last video.…But for one reason or another, there are a few complications…that make them slightly more challenging.…Now these parts, specifically are the vamp, which is the…technical term for this piece right here.…And the heel counter, this piece in the back.…Let's take a look at some ways to make these.…I'm going to go a bit faster through the techniques…that are the same from the previous video, and spend…more time on what makes these patches unique.…Okay, so let's get started.…
I'm going to turn off my floor for right now so you…see just the shoe.…And let's also go into solo mode so we don't see the other…pieces getting in the way.…Alright, let's zoom in here and all I need to do is…start masking off the vamp and the heel counter.…Now the vamp is covered up by other patches in almost…every location except right here.…So actually what I'm gonna do is come and look at this…from a top view.…Let's turn the floor back on and you can see,…
- Creating the sole
- Modeling the basic sole shape
- Making a template for the repeating treads
- Tweaking the sole geometry
- Making the basic upper shape
- Creating the laces
- Making a shoelace brush
- Adding the fine details
- Sculpting specific leather detail
- Sculpting the irregularities
- Making fuzzy suede texture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the Sole
2. Making the Upper
3. Creating the Laces
4. Adding the Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.