Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Duplicating the tread with array mesh, part of ZBrush: Modeling Footwear.
- [Instructor] So there's lots of ways…that you could duplicate this one tread segment…into the entire tread that we're going to need for the sole.…You could use nano mesh,…or you could brute force it by copying…and placing them one at a time.…I'm going to use array mesh for this,…because it's fast and easy.…So let's try it out.…So we've got this one tread segment,…and it's actually still in three different subtools…from where we made it in the last video.…So what I'm going to do is merge them all together into one.…So I'm going to select the one that's on top.…And let's go to merge, and merge down.…
Now let's hit that a second time…to merge the two of them together.…If you get a pop-up telling you…that this is something you can't undo, that's okay.…Just go ahead and click okay.…So once I've got that merged together,…I'm gonna click rename.…And I'll just call this tread.…Okay, now let's go to the array mesh settings.…So under array mesh, there's a lot of things going on,…and there could be an entire course…devoted to just array mesh.…
- Creating the sole
- Modeling the basic sole shape
- Making a template for the repeating treads
- Tweaking the sole geometry
- Making the basic upper shape
- Creating the laces
- Making a shoelace brush
- Adding the fine details
- Sculpting specific leather detail
- Sculpting the irregularities
- Making fuzzy suede texture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the Sole
2. Making the Upper
3. Creating the Laces
4. Adding the Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.