Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing out the patch placement, part of ZBrush: Modeling Footwear.
- [Instructor] Due to the fact that it's impossible…to make the reference and the modeling…that we have so far line up 100%,…I like to do some sketching on the model…to help with the placement of the various patches…that I'm going to extract.…It's going to help me make sure…that everything fits together correctly.…So let's see how it's done.…What I wanna do is switch to a brush that I can paint with.…I'll just pick the standard brush, B, S, T.…And what I wanna do is get a smaller draw size…so I can draw finer lines.…And I also wanna change this from Z Add to RGB,…so it paints with color rather than sculpting.…
Next, let's go ahead and pick a darker color to paint with.…I'm gonna pick a black, and actually this shoe…hasn't been filled with a color yet…so let me fill it with white first.…So let's make it white and we'll go to Color, Fill Object.…Now if we make the color darker,…it's going to change the color of the other objects,…but we're not worried about that for right now.…Alright, now let's paint with black.…
- Creating the sole
- Modeling the basic sole shape
- Making a template for the repeating treads
- Tweaking the sole geometry
- Making the basic upper shape
- Creating the laces
- Making a shoelace brush
- Adding the fine details
- Sculpting specific leather detail
- Sculpting the irregularities
- Making fuzzy suede texture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the Sole
2. Making the Upper
3. Creating the Laces
4. Adding the Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.