Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing out the laces, part of ZBrush: Modeling Footwear.
- [Instructor] Now that we have a shoelace brush,…let's actually make the laces.…Now, there's gonna be a lot…of different little lace segments.…And so, it can be a little bit tedious,…trying to wrangle them all.…But there's a trick to it,…based on the pattern of the cord,…going over or under the eyelets.…So, let's see how I approach it.…I'm going to build these laces…off the upper template object.…The same subtool that we created…all the different patches from.…This will work nicely because it's just one piece…of geometry that has the basic shape of the entire shoe.…And let's go ahead and turn on transparent mode,…so that we can see through…the various patches to just this upper piece.…
And one thing I also wanna do…is select just this top segment.…Just to make it easier to work with.…So, we can not have any…unnecessary pieces blocking our vision.…Okay, let's zoom in and start working on this.…So, you can see in the reference,…starting with the segment that's farthest forward,…the segment goes out of one hole…and into the other hole on the other side.…
- Creating the sole
- Modeling the basic sole shape
- Making a template for the repeating treads
- Tweaking the sole geometry
- Making the basic upper shape
- Creating the laces
- Making a shoelace brush
- Adding the fine details
- Sculpting specific leather detail
- Sculpting the irregularities
- Making fuzzy suede texture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the Sole
2. Making the Upper
3. Creating the Laces
4. Adding the Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.