In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson you will learn how to polish and finalize the skull on your pirate journal. You will use the Trim Dynamic brush to add polished chiseled edges similar to what you did on the skeleton bone. You will also increase some of the thickness around the model by using the Move brush to add more character to the skull.
- [Voiceover] Okay, so we're now back onto the skull.…You know, one of the other reasons…why it's good to work on your piece a little bit…and then step away from it,…work on something else and then come back,…is when you come right back to it,…you immediately notice things…that are either issues…or things that you're not happy with.…The first thing I see,…is that I have some pretty hard striations…in some of the geometry.…And although it's not critical,…I can certainly smooth these out.…
It is something I do want to take into consideration…and see if I need to do any more adjusting.…Now I am at a level six,…and I'm currently only 55,000 polygons,…so I have a lot of room.…Right now, what I want to do…is just focus on cleaning this one up.…So I am going to increase my division level…to the next step…and before I do that, I'm just going to save one more time.…It's a good idea, actually this is the skull,…I will save the skull at a level number two…and say save.…
Okay.…What I want to do now is to start…doing my final pass.…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.