in this video, you'll work with a technique that is going to take advantage of the live Boolean system and it will help you refine the shapes, add details, and integrate some objects so that they feel more part of the whole, rather than meshes stuck on to
- [Narrator] Okay, so here is my sci-fi car.…I went over the entire model and continued…adding objects from our custom IMM brush.…I have also split the model into…a few subtles, just to make the…detailing process a little bit easier.…Like this frame of the wheels, for example.…Everything new that you can see here,…that I have added from the previous video,…is actually very simple.…The frame for the wheels, for instance,…is just one of these shapes that I scaled in one axis,…and I duplicated multiple times, and started to…arrange them in a way that could suggest…some kind of solid frame structure.…
If you want to follow along with my version…of this sci-fi car, go ahead and load up…the sci-fi car, the CTL from the…accompanying files of this video.…Now, the following technique is going to…take advantage of the live boolean system,…and it will help us refine the shapes,…add details, and integrate some of the objects…so that they feel more part of a whole,…rather than just a bunch of meshes…stuck on top of one another.…
- What is kitbashing?
- Advanced IMM brushes and Curve brushes
- Useful brushes for kitbashing
- Creating your own asset library
- Building organic shapes
- Creating and adjusting insert brushes
- Building hard surface shapes
- Fine-tuning shapes
Skill Level Intermediate
ZBrush and SubD: Design for 3D Printing with SLAwith Jean Gorospe1h 57m Intermediate
1. Intro to Kitbashing
2. Kitbashing Exercise
3. Building Your Own Organic Kit
4. Building Your Own Hard Surface Kit
5. Model Presentation
Render and presentation5m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.