In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson you will create teeth for the skull on the cover of your pirate journal. You will begin with primitive polyCube shapes within ZBrush then detail them out and shape them properly so you can have the beginnings of some very cool, whimsical shaped teeth that you will further refine in the next lesson.
- [Voiceover] Most of the stuff…that I tend to do for my geometry,…I like to do as a base mesh from a 3D program,…but in this case, the teeth,…wasn't necessary to do that way.…I can actually do the teeth right within ZBrush.…I'm going to do that right now.…I'm going to go over to my simple brush,…and active tool is currently in edit-transform mode,…so I'm going to switch that out.…
Before I do, I will save the skull.…I'll just overwrite.…Just in case ZBrush decides to do something weird on us.…What I want to do here is create a cube.…We have our cube.…The skull is actually not here right now,…what's showing on the canvas.…We're just dealing with the cube.…What I want to do is go back to my skull…over here on the menu, and in my sub-tool…go to append and then append in the cube.…
Now I have the cube appended in.…I'll just CTRL+N to remove that one.…Let's turn that cube off for a moment,…get the skull in the right position.…Now turn that cube on and I'll go ahead and move it down.…One of the first things that I need to do…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.