Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the hair volume, part of ZBrush: Sculpting Portraits.
- While giving hair more volume might be hard to achieve…in the real world, it's pretty easy to do in ZBrush.…This first phase of sculpting hair is often overlooked.…A lot of people get distracted by the tens of thousands…of individual hairs and forget to give enough time…to getting the volume right.…Let's see what we can do with Spencer's hair.…Let's use the reference plans again,…so let's turn on the Floor,…and we'll turn off Perspective,…and let's look at this from the front view.…And what I wanna do is, get the Move Brush,…make sure I've got that active,…let's make a really nice big Draw Size here.…
And we've got Symmetry turned on at first,…but we might wanna turn that off…before we get too far with this.…But I just wanna pull the hair out…until it lines up with the reference.…Now it looks like there's a little asymmetry here,…so I'm just going to get it kind of at a nice…in-between one side and the other.…And let's look at this,…actually one thing I wanna do here,…is bring the sideburns in a little bit.…I know those shouldn't be popping out as far.…
- Working with a photo reference
- Blocking out the proportions
- Blocking out the ears
- Aligning the model with the photos
- Shaping the eyelids, nose, and mouth
- Making teeth
- Sculpting and styling hair
Skill Level Intermediate
Maya: 3D Printing with Shapewayswith Ryan Kittleson1h 45m Intermediate
Modeling a Female Android in ZBrushwith Ryan Kittleson4h 10m Intermediate
1. Working with a Photo Reference
2. Starting to Sculpt
3. Working on the Midrange Details
4. Making Teeth
5. Sculpting the Hair
6. Refining the Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.