With custom hard surface objects ready, you'll turn them into an insert brush and build your model kit. You'll also take a look at how to edit the created brushes by adding new objects to an existing brush or trasnfer meshes between bruhes.
- [Narrator] Okay, now that you went over all the objects…you created and you have them all…in the same tool, it's time to create our…hard surface IMM brush for kitbashing.…You'll notice that I have quite a few…additional objects in this list…and these are extra objects that I made…following the same technique and the same processes…that I showed you in the previous video.…Just to have a bit more options,…when we design our sci-fi vehicle.…If you want to follow along with this…particular set of objects, you can…load up the hard_surface_kit.ctl.…Now the process of creating our hard surface model kit…is exactly the same as what we did…with the organic model kit.…
So just as a quick recap of the process…let's go ahead and create our IMM brush.…We have all the SubTools optimized,…oriented in the way that we want to insert them,…and I also give them some names…just because I like to keep things organized.…Now let's click on the brush thumbnail,…and click on the Create Insertmultimesh button here.…Great, now we have a hard surface IMM brush.…
- What is kitbashing?
- Advanced IMM brushes and Curve brushes
- Useful brushes for kitbashing
- Creating your own asset library
- Building organic shapes
- Creating and adjusting insert brushes
- Building hard surface shapes
- Fine-tuning shapes
Skill Level Intermediate
ZBrush and SubD: Design for 3D Printing with SLAwith Jean Gorospe1h 57m Intermediate
1. Intro to Kitbashing
2. Kitbashing Exercise
3. Building Your Own Organic Kit
4. Building Your Own Hard Surface Kit
5. Model Presentation
Render and presentation5m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.