In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson your instructor teaches you how to create a tentacle sucker by creating an alpha map, then use the alpha map as a stamp to quickly add suckers to your octopus’ tentacles. You also learn how to bake the layer you created in a previous lesson into the cover of your pirate journal so you can work with one collapsed object before adding the suckers.
- [Voiceover] And now to go ahead…and create the suckers on the tentacles.…So, I'm going to go to my simple brush…and I will switch, I'll clear my palette.…And, I'm going to select the plane, 3D.…Drag that out.…Go into edit mode.…And I want to turn on the polymesh 3D.…And increase my division levels…up to approximately a million inactive points.…
So, Control-D.…Several times.…Okay, not at a million.…In fact, I think. Let's see.…Let's try going one more time,…so actually pushing it up to 4 million.…This is just to make sure we get a…really good quality design.…So, I'm going to switch over to my clay tubes.…I have my alpha turned off.…I want this as large as I can go.…And I'll bring my focal shift back down,…so I have a good falloff.…
And I'm just going to place my stylus down…and just wiggle it a little bit.…In fact, I want a little bit harder edge on that,…so bring that back down and do it again.…Alright, so, I'm creating my edge…and I can just hit "1", which duplicates that action.…So I have a nice height to the sucker,…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.