In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson your instructor demonstrates a number of techniques by using the ClayTubes brush with the alpha turned off to create barnacles on the cover of the pirate journal. You will learn how to go over seams to remove any issues where the seams penetrate through the barnacle.
- [Voiceover] Now, the barnacles are pretty similar…to the tentacles, and I could create an alpha map…if I wanted to.…I think I'm going to actually freehand those, though,…so I have a little more freedom and control over them,…not really being uniform.…So for that, I'm going to go back to my layers…and activate a new layer, and then I'll change over…to my freehand, and remove my alpha.…
And so for this, what I'm looking to do is actually create…little dots because I'm going over some areas of the book…that have edges I have to be careful because…what I'm going to do to get this effect…of seams coming through.…So, there's a couple of ways we can do this.…In certain areas where I know it's going to be an issue,…I can actually cut in like this so that I'm actually…carving in a nice, clean spot, almost like pre-drilling…a hole for a rivet.…
And I'll just hit these with a smooth.…In fact, I'll hit some of these areas here also…with a smooth.…So that now when I create my circle in the middle,…it's nice and clean.…And so, I really want my barnacles to be kind of abnormal.…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.