Join Eric Keller for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating alphas, part of ZBrush 3 for Windows Essential Training.
So when you are working with the Alphas in ZBrush, you are not limited to just…what you have in this library here, there is a lot of creative potential in…creating your own Alphas. I'm going to show you how to make your own Alpha…right here in ZBrush.…Now, I have my oldMan that I have been working on. I'm going to switch over to…Illustration mode and paint directly on the canvas. To do that, I switch out of…Edit mode; this has been dropped to the canvas so it's no longer available as a…3D model. But that's okay because all these changes are stored right here in…the Tool palette, and as long as I have the ZBrush session going, that will be…available to me.…
It's always a good ides to save your tool often, so I'm going to do that right…now. I'm going to call this man, oldMan_ alphas, and I'm going to save him. It's…going to ask me if I want to save the currently selected alpha. I'm going to…choose No, because that's one of the default ZBrush Alphas, but if I had my own…alpha here, I can save it with the tool.…
- Building and posing digital armatures for sculpture
- Importing models from other 3D programs
- Learning how to sculpt a human head based on reference images
- Detailing skin and surfaces using textures and stencils
- Creating illustrations with depth, lighting, and surface materials
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. The ZBrush Interface
2. Working with 3D Models and Primitives
3. Digital Sculpting
4. Color, Texture, and Materials
5. Using ZBrush Sculpts in Other 3D Programs
6. Illustrating with ZBrush
7. Movies, Macros, and ZScripts
8. Top 14 Pitfalls for Beginners
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.