Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the aglets, part of ZBrush: Modeling Footwear.
- [Instructor] No shoelace is complete…without the little plastic or metal sheath…at the tips, called an aglet.…I'm going to work efficiently by using…the existing shoelace model to start with, so let's do it.…So you can see in the reference that the shoelace…sort of gets compressed into this narrower aglet.…So first, let's make the tips of the shoelaces…extended and straight.…Okay, so I'm gonna turn on solo mode,…and let's turn off the texture if you've got it on.…I'm gonna go to Texture Map and just turn that off,…make it easier to see everything.…
Shift F to turn on wire frame.…So you can see there's a little bit of a bend here,…so I'm gonna extend this out nice and straight…so we've got a nice, straight tip to work with.…So let's turn off dynamic subdivision, Shift D.…I'm gonna zoom in here, and let's close up all the holes.…So I'm gonna go up to Geometry, Modify Topology,…Close Holes.…So what this does is it just caps the ends…of all of the segments of shoelaces.…Okay, really the only parts I'm concerned about…
- Creating the sole
- Modeling the basic sole shape
- Making a template for the repeating treads
- Tweaking the sole geometry
- Making the basic upper shape
- Creating the laces
- Making a shoelace brush
- Adding the fine details
- Sculpting specific leather detail
- Sculpting the irregularities
- Making fuzzy suede texture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the Sole
2. Making the Upper
3. Creating the Laces
4. Adding the Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.