Join Eric Keller for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating MatCap materials, part of ZBrush 3 for Windows Essential Training.
So if you would like to create your own MatCap material, you want to start with…a photograph, because that's where the colors and the material qualities are sampled…from. To start with I'm going to get photograph here in ZBrush and show you…the basic workflow for creating your own MatCap material. So, I'm going to turn…Edit mode off, press Ctrl+N to remove my greenMan model from the canvas. Let's…go to the Texture palette and choose Import, and I'm going to choose the…tomatoes image here. And once I open it, it loads in the Texture palette, and…I'm going to use Crop and Fill to basically replace the entire canvas with the image.…
When I do this, I want to make sure to choose the Flat Color material,…otherwise this material color will affect the way the photograph looks. It's…something that I almost always forget, so just remember, when you want to put a…photograph onto the canvas, choose Flag Color first, then go to the Texture…palette and choose Crop and Fill, and this replaces the entire canvas with my…
- Building and posing digital armatures for sculpture
- Importing models from other 3D programs
- Learning how to sculpt a human head based on reference images
- Detailing skin and surfaces using textures and stencils
- Creating illustrations with depth, lighting, and surface materials
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. The ZBrush Interface
2. Working with 3D Models and Primitives
3. Digital Sculpting
4. Color, Texture, and Materials
5. Using ZBrush Sculpts in Other 3D Programs
6. Illustrating with ZBrush
7. Movies, Macros, and ZScripts
8. Top 14 Pitfalls for Beginners
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.