In this training lesson, instructor Michael Ingrassia dives deeper into his process for stylized sculpting explaining the creative process while demonstrating the ZBrush tools and techniques he uses to refine the shape and build out the details. You will learn how to make modifications to the pirate skull using the Move tool and finish with a skull that is almost ready for final polishing work.
- [Voiceover] Okay, now I'm ready to divide up…to the next level.…Now at this point, it's getting serious.…I'm at six.…I tend to not push my division levels past seven.…Once you start going into eight,…that's when you can have low memory issues or crashing.…So, six is really getting close…to the area where I want to start doing my stronger detail,…my tighter detail.…And then seven, at that point, I'm gonna consier it,…I'm at the end of the rope.…
So, I'm going to, once again, just go over the model.…What you'll also find, too,…is as you go up and increase into the next division,…sometimes, your intensity tends to be a bit too strong…for that particular brush…so you need to lower it a little bit.…In this case, we already lowered it,…so it happens to be handling fairly well for me.…
One of the secrets when working with stylized…or whimsical design,…is having sort of chiseled, angular line work.…So, you want to always think about that.…You don't want everything to be perfectly smooth and round…and too clean, you know.…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.