Join Eric Keller for an in-depth discussion in this video Can't sculpt on the model, part of ZBrush 3 for Windows Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
So let's say you have your model on the canvas. You are in Edit mode; you can…rotate the model, so you are clearly in Edit mode. You are going to sculpt on…it with a Sculpting Brush, and nothing happens. What's going on here?…Well, the most likely case is you actually have a mask applied to the model and…that mask is invisible. So let's open the Tool palette here and stick it in a…tray. Go to the Masking sub-palette and see this ViewMask button is off.…Let's turn it on and we will see there is a mask applied to the entire model. So you…just need to clear the mask by pressing the Clear button and then you are ready…to continue sculpting.…
The same is true for Stencils. Sometimes if you are working with Stencils it's…easy to forget that you can turn the visibility of the Stencil off. If there is…no mask applied to the model but you still can't sculpt on it, the next thing…you should check is Stencils. Do you have the Stencil on and has it been made…invisible using the Show button? So just remember to turn the Stencil off, and…
- Building and posing digital armatures for sculpture
- Importing models from other 3D programs
- Learning how to sculpt a human head based on reference images
- Detailing skin and surfaces using textures and stencils
- Creating illustrations with depth, lighting, and surface materials
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. The ZBrush Interface
2. Working with 3D Models and Primitives
3. Digital Sculpting
4. Color, Texture, and Materials
5. Using ZBrush Sculpts in Other 3D Programs
6. Illustrating with ZBrush
7. Movies, Macros, and ZScripts
8. Top 14 Pitfalls for Beginners
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.