Join Eric Keller for an in-depth discussion in this video Can't rotate or move the model, part of ZBrush 3 for Windows Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
So let's say you are ready to start sculpting a model in ZBrush. So you have…ZBrush open, you go to Load Tool. In this case, I'm going to load the…greenMan_v01 file. So I have it loaded. It's here in the toolbox.…Now I'm going to draw it on the screen and I'm ready to start sculpting and…this is what happens. Instead of sculpting the model or instead of rotating the…model, I'm just getting more and more copies of the model on the canvas.…So what's going on here? Well I have left out one major step and that is to…switch to Edit mode. Remember, I want to edit or I want to sculpt, or a good…way to think of it is I want to edit my sculpture. So remember to got to Edit mode.…
When I switch to Edit mode, the last model that I drew on the canvas is now in…Edit mode and if I want to get rid of the other models on the canvas, I can…just press Ctr+N to clear, F to center the model and now I'm ready to start working.…
- Building and posing digital armatures for sculpture
- Importing models from other 3D programs
- Learning how to sculpt a human head based on reference images
- Detailing skin and surfaces using textures and stencils
- Creating illustrations with depth, lighting, and surface materials
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. The ZBrush Interface
2. Working with 3D Models and Primitives
3. Digital Sculpting
4. Color, Texture, and Materials
5. Using ZBrush Sculpts in Other 3D Programs
6. Illustrating with ZBrush
7. Movies, Macros, and ZScripts
8. Top 14 Pitfalls for Beginners
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.