Join Eric Keller for an in-depth discussion in this video Can't move the model on the canvas, part of ZBrush 3 for Windows Essential Training.
So there is a couple of problems that can arise when you try and load and save…a digital sculpture that you have been working on. Let's say you have a digital…sculpture and you want to load it into ZBrush.…Now, your impulse might go to the Document > Open menu. If I do that, I will…see my documents, but these are illustrations that I painted in ZBrush, and in…each one of these illustrations the objects themselves are no longer…independent models, they are part of the canvas, they are 2.5D paint stokes,…not 3D models.…
So I'm going to start a New Document here. To load a 3D model, remember to go…to the Tool menu and Load tool. So that terminology that can trip you up when…you are first learning, the ZBrush. But a tool is a 3D model; so the same thing…as an object or a digital sculpture, they are all the same thing.…So now I'm going to load the greenMan_ v01 tool, which is a 3D object, and once…it's loaded into the Tool palette, I can draw it on the screen. Switch to Edit…mode and start sculpting.…
- Building and posing digital armatures for sculpture
- Importing models from other 3D programs
- Learning how to sculpt a human head based on reference images
- Detailing skin and surfaces using textures and stencils
- Creating illustrations with depth, lighting, and surface materials
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. The ZBrush Interface
2. Working with 3D Models and Primitives
3. Digital Sculpting
4. Color, Texture, and Materials
5. Using ZBrush Sculpts in Other 3D Programs
6. Illustrating with ZBrush
7. Movies, Macros, and ZScripts
8. Top 14 Pitfalls for Beginners
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.