Join Eric Keller for an in-depth discussion in this video Can't control subtools , part of ZBrush 3 for Windows Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
When you're working on a model that has both poly groups and subtools you can run into a few strange conflicts when using…certain hot key combinations.…I have the demo soldier. This is one of the models that comes with ZBrush.…He's loaded on the canvas here and I have him in Edit mode.…I turned on the wire frame so that you can see the poly groups.…These are the different regions of color here.…So there's a poly group for each leg.…The torso, each arm and the head.…I can isolate the leg poly group by holding Ctrl and Shift…and clicking on it.…
And now it's isolated. To bring everything back, I hold Ctrl and Shift and click on the canvas.…The problem arises…when I'm working with subtools at the same time.…I'm going to make all the subtools visible by clicking on the eyeball icon.…The hotkey combination to interactively switch between one of subtool for the other…is also Ctrl+Shift.…So if I want to switch to the kneepad here,…I can press Ctrl+Shift and click on that…and now I'm changed subtools to the kneepad subtool. So I'm no longer working on the torso,…
- Building and posing digital armatures for sculpture
- Importing models from other 3D programs
- Learning how to sculpt a human head based on reference images
- Detailing skin and surfaces using textures and stencils
- Creating illustrations with depth, lighting, and surface materials
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. The ZBrush Interface
2. Working with 3D Models and Primitives
3. Digital Sculpting
4. Color, Texture, and Materials
5. Using ZBrush Sculpts in Other 3D Programs
6. Illustrating with ZBrush
7. Movies, Macros, and ZScripts
8. Top 14 Pitfalls for Beginners
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.