Join Eric Keller for an in-depth discussion in this video Can't adjust the lighting, part of ZBrush 3 for Windows Essential Training.
So if you are working on your model and you decide to change the lighting, you…go to the Light palette and move this cursor around the sphere to change the…position of the light. But notice it's not updating on the model. The reason…for this is I'm using a MatCap material, and MatCap materials do not respond to…lighting. So I need to switch to any of the standard materials down here; the…Basic material is usually a good choice. And now when I change my light, it updates.…Another cause for this is if I change the light and I see no update.…
It's possible that I have the light selected but it's not on. Until I click on it and…turn it orange, and now when I move this light, you will see it update.…So just remember to pay attention to what material you have applied to your…object when you are changing the lighting on the canvas.…
- Building and posing digital armatures for sculpture
- Importing models from other 3D programs
- Learning how to sculpt a human head based on reference images
- Detailing skin and surfaces using textures and stencils
- Creating illustrations with depth, lighting, and surface materials
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. The ZBrush Interface
2. Working with 3D Models and Primitives
3. Digital Sculpting
4. Color, Texture, and Materials
5. Using ZBrush Sculpts in Other 3D Programs
6. Illustrating with ZBrush
7. Movies, Macros, and ZScripts
8. Top 14 Pitfalls for Beginners
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.