Now that you know how useful the kitbashing technique is for an organic creature concept, you'll follow a similar approach to build objects for a hard surface design such as a spaceship or a robot.
- [Instructor] Designing concepts for hard surface models…with the kitbashing approach is very similar…to what we have done so far.…The difference is that you tend to work…with a more detailed piece, or more detailed objects…in your IMM brushes, and generally avoid DynaMeshing.…All right, let's get straight into it.…We're now going to build some simple objects…to create our hard surface model kit.…The process of building the objects can vary.…You can use C-Modeler, Clip Brushes, Booleans,…anything that you feel comfortable with.…I'm gonna start with a cylindrical object,…so I'm gonna go ahead and select it from the tool thumbnail…and convert it into a polymesh 3D so we can edit it,…and I'm gonna bring the Gizmo 3D…to get the initial shape right.…
So, I'm just gonna scale it a bit, like so.…And I'm going to use Booleans for this first piece.…So let's switch Live Booleans on from this switch here.…Now, from the geometry subpalette, under the tool palette,…let's go ahead and expand these settings…for dynamic subdivision or dynamic subdiv.…
- What is kitbashing?
- Advanced IMM brushes and Curve brushes
- Useful brushes for kitbashing
- Creating your own asset library
- Building organic shapes
- Creating and adjusting insert brushes
- Building hard surface shapes
- Fine-tuning shapes
Skill Level Intermediate
ZBrush and SubD: Design for 3D Printing with SLAwith Jean Gorospe1h 57m Intermediate
1. Intro to Kitbashing
2. Kitbashing Exercise
3. Building Your Own Organic Kit
4. Building Your Own Hard Surface Kit
5. Model Presentation
Render and presentation5m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.