Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Bending the sole, part of ZBrush: Modeling Footwear.
- Okay so we've got our sole almost done here,…now you'll notice it's flat currently,…however it needs to be curved like the photo reference.…We made it flat because it's easier…to model things that way.…Now it's not gonna be too hard to bend it,…however there is one complication because we've got two…different subtools making up this sole,…and everything needs to curve together.…So let's see how to make it happen.…Okay let's use transpose master…to combine these two subtools into one subtool…and then after we bend it we can separate them…into separate subtools again.…
So let's go to Z plug in,…and let's open up transpose master,…and click tpose mesh.…Okay just go ahead and click in an open area.…To get rid of that pop up.…So you can see on subtool we got a single…subtool here.…And let's go ahead and move to the side view.…I'm gonna hold shift to make sure it snaps.…Zoom in a little bit.…So for this I'm gonna use a Z modeler brush.…BZM, all right, that's fine we can skip this note.…And what I wanna do is get a little bigger…
- Creating the sole
- Modeling the basic sole shape
- Making a template for the repeating treads
- Tweaking the sole geometry
- Making the basic upper shape
- Creating the laces
- Making a shoelace brush
- Adding the fine details
- Sculpting specific leather detail
- Sculpting the irregularities
- Making fuzzy suede texture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the Sole
2. Making the Upper
3. Creating the Laces
4. Adding the Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.