In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson you will assess all of the parts of the book and do a cleanup. Your instructor will demonstrate how he removes any subtools that are not required as well as how he inspects all of the parts and how they interact with the cover of the pirate journal. You will make some minor modifications to the sculpt.
- [Voiceover] I will turn on everything to do with the book.…And we have obviously a couple of pieces…of geometry that we no longer need,…different subtools so I'll clean some of that up.…Before I do that however I'm going…to make sure that I save out.…We're now at book 10,…and let's systematically go through these…different parts and remove what…we don't need, okay.…
So I'll say delete, okay, take care of that one.…Delete, delete, parts of our lock need to go away.…By mousing over makes a larger image that you can look at…just to make sure that you are selecting the correct part.…I'll delete that one.…I believe we have most of them at this point.…Everything looks good so far.…
So the final step is to just start to move…all of my different components and I have…a decision to make with the compass.…Either I carve down into the leg so that the…spike is more noticeable or I have to physically…raise the spike which means it's no longer going…to be flush with the book and that's a problem.…So I have to either fix the shape of that geometry,…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.