Join Eric Keller for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying materials, part of ZBrush 3 for Windows Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
A big part of the way an object looks on the Zbrush canvas is determined by…its material. Materials are also found here down in the Material Library. I'm…going to talk about these materials a little bit and show you how to use the…Material Library. For demonstration, I'm going to use the greenMan_v01 model,…and this of course is available to premium subscribers. Once it's loaded in the…Tool palette, I'm going to draw it on the canvas. Switch to Edit mode and press…F to center the object.…
Now you notice that a lot of the objects that we have been working with…throughout the course have the default Red Wax material applied to them. I can…change the material by clicking on the Material Library, and choosing a…different material. Here you see how completely different the object looks…depending on the Material that I have applied. These materials up here at the…top are called the MatCap materials, as they are a special version of…materials. The standard materials also have a lot of very interesting qualities…
- Building and posing digital armatures for sculpture
- Importing models from other 3D programs
- Learning how to sculpt a human head based on reference images
- Detailing skin and surfaces using textures and stencils
- Creating illustrations with depth, lighting, and surface materials
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. The ZBrush Interface
2. Working with 3D Models and Primitives
3. Digital Sculpting
4. Color, Texture, and Materials
5. Using ZBrush Sculpts in Other 3D Programs
6. Illustrating with ZBrush
7. Movies, Macros, and ZScripts
8. Top 14 Pitfalls for Beginners
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.