The IMM brushes are a key component of the kitbashing approach. In this video, learn about a more advanced way to use them and a few things you can do to manipulate the models in a kit or IMM brush.
- [Narrator] So here is where we…left off from the previous video.…Now that we know how easy it is…to use and manipulate the objects…from an an IMM Brush let's take a look…at a couple more advanced options…that we have at our disposal.…The first one is kind of an auto stretch…that happens when you inserting a mesh.…With our testing IMM brush selected,…the one that we load up in our previous video,…I'll drag out a new piece.…The placement doesn't matter.…Now, instead of letting go of the click…I'll move the courser back in the opposite direction,…and you'll see that the mesh is getting deformed.…
To avoid these when you're inserting a new object…you can hold the control key right after…clicking to insert the mesh.…Holding control will tell ZBrush…to maintain the proportion of the…original mesh and you can now move around…and rotate the position of the object.…If you use this trick of holding control,…the size of your object is determined by your brush size.…So if I change my brush size, and something like that,…and drag another object, then press control,…
- What is kitbashing?
- Advanced IMM brushes and Curve brushes
- Useful brushes for kitbashing
- Creating your own asset library
- Building organic shapes
- Creating and adjusting insert brushes
- Building hard surface shapes
- Fine-tuning shapes
Skill Level Intermediate
ZBrush and SubD: Design for 3D Printing with SLAwith Jean Gorospe1h 57m Intermediate
1. Intro to Kitbashing
2. Kitbashing Exercise
3. Building Your Own Organic Kit
4. Building Your Own Hard Surface Kit
5. Model Presentation
Render and presentation5m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.