- [Instructor] The last major detail is the stitching…that holds the upper to the sole.…It's called the welt.…It's a little bit different than the other stitching…in that, it also has a ridged pattern…following around the stitching.…Okay. So let's go to our sole subtool,…just gonna Alt + Click on it, make it active…let's get it ready for sculpting.…So, right now, it's just a simple piece of geometry,…relatively speaking, with dynamic subdivision on it.…So, let's lock in that dynamic subdivision,…so we can actually have the detail we need for sculpting.…
So, geometry, and then let's click Apply…to lock in those dynamic subdivision levels.…We're at about half a million points.…Let's go ahead and divide it one more time…just to give us some extra geometry to work with.…I'm gonna go into solo mode so we see just the sole.…We can go ahead and isolate just…the top of it by isolating this polygroup…with CTRL + SHIFT + clicking on it.…Let's zoom in on it.…I'm gonna start out by using the stitch brush…that we made previously in the course.…
- Creating the sole
- Modeling the basic sole shape
- Making a template for the repeating treads
- Tweaking the sole geometry
- Making the basic upper shape
- Creating the laces
- Making a shoelace brush
- Adding the fine details
- Sculpting specific leather detail
- Sculpting the irregularities
- Making fuzzy suede texture
Skill Level Intermediate
ZBrush 2018 Essential Trainingwith Ryan Kittleson5h 2m Beginner
1. Creating the Sole
2. Making the Upper
3. Creating the Laces
4. Adding the Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.