In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson you will learn how to use the Standard brush along with one of the crisscross leather Alpha maps to very quickly add a leathery texture to the outside cover of your pirate’s journal. Your instructor will also demonstrate how to use the drag rectangle to break up the monotony of the pattern to make the cover a bit more unique.
- [Voiceover] We're now ready to begin adding the leather…texture to the cover of our book.…And to do that, I just want to focus on the cover again.…So, I'll go up to the cover and press shift…to get rid of that.…Also want to change my MatCap and get back to…one of the better textures that we were using.…Now, we added some texture before…early on using the clay tubes,…and it's important now that we start to focus on…softening this a little bit and then also adding in…an actual leather texture which we do with an Alpha map.…
And we kind of used a multiple of textures,…one where we just start to paint on the Alpha…and also where we start to stamp on the Alpha.…So I'll show you exactly what I mean by that.…First thing, however, is I want to increase my brush…and just hold down shift, make sure my intensity…is not insane, and I want to go over the book gently…with the smooth, and soften this.…
So I still want to leave some of the texture. That's fine.…I just want to soften it up, because the leather is going to…really give us everything that we're looking for.…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.