Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding fabric textures, part of ZBrush: Modeling Footwear.
- [Voiceover] There's lots of ways…to add texture to parts of the shoe.…So far we've seen using a displacement…map on the laces and spraying leather texture…with an alpha map.…Now let's take a look at ZBrush's surface NoiseMakers.…With this feature, we can apply texture…in new and interesting ways,…so let's see how it works.…If we look at the reference,…one of the pieces that really…needs a fabric texture is the heel tab.…It looks like it has a woven type of texture.…Okay, so in Zbrush, let's go ahead…and select the heel tab.…
I'm gonna alt click on it.…Let's just zoom in here.…Now, for this we need to have UVs laid out.…So I'm going to go up to ZPlugIn…and we'll open up UV Master…and just simply click on unwrap.…And then under the UV map sub palette,…let's go to morph UV.…It looks a little bit weird because we had…dynamic subdivision turned on.…I'm gonna click that again.…Let's shift D to turn off dynamic subdivision…and let's take a look at that.…And I'm just gonna go into solo mode,…make it easier to see that.…
Okay, so you can see we got a nice even layout here,…
- Creating the sole
- Modeling the basic sole shape
- Making a template for the repeating treads
- Tweaking the sole geometry
- Making the basic upper shape
- Creating the laces
- Making a shoelace brush
- Adding the fine details
- Sculpting specific leather detail
- Sculpting the irregularities
- Making fuzzy suede texture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the Sole
2. Making the Upper
3. Creating the Laces
4. Adding the Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.