In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson you will learn how to add a skin texture to the octopus by using a variety of techniques that incorporate both the type of brush stroke as well as an alpha map. Your instructor will demonstrate how using either a combination of the two or just isolating one, you are able to create different looks to the pattern.
- [Voiceover] Let's do the exterior detail first,…which is basically, adding some, just like dimples,…throughout the skin texture,…an easy way to do that, we could at this point actually…create another layer,…I'm going to keep it…at this layer for now.…But what I will do is I'll save my file,…just to make sure that we're safe.…So we're up to version seven now.…And I'm going to switch over to…the standard brush,…but I want to change my stroke pattern,…to a spray.…
And I want to change my Alpha…to the Alpha seven.…So let me go to a plain area on the book,…and show you what that pattern looks like.…So if I hit the spray,…okay, there we go.…So you can see the kind of pattern that we are getting.…And that may be a little bit too much, for what we want,…but there is ways to adjust that.…I can change this,…go to dots,…so that I'm just working with the Alpha,…the problem is…it keeps everything uniform,…it doesn't add any kind of jitter, in there.…
Another option is to just use the Drag Rectangle,…and to literally just drag out the dimples…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.