In this ZBrush stylized sculpting training lesson, your instructor, Michael Ingrassia, will teach you how to copy the damage texturing from the compass ring over to the compass points for a uniform look for your pirate journal. You will also learn how to add some pitted dots to add a nice whimsical look and enhance the overall finished appearance of the compass.
- [Voiceover] So now we've roughened up the metal…and I'm going to copy that and come over to my arrow.…And I'll select on the arrow to turn that one on.…I'll come back to the noise and assign some noise…and then I will paste that same configuration…or sin curve that we have into this piece.…
And now from here, of course, I've matched it…but I can also take away from it. It's a bit much.…So I'll play with the strength…and tone it down a little bit.…And I'm going to turn on the circle at the same time.…This way we can compare both of them.…Yeah, that actually looks really good. Perfect.…There is one other technique that I do that's fun.…And I'm going to add it now. I'm going to…also add it to the skull and the bones later.…
If I go back to my clay tubes and I turn off my alpha,…as you recall that gives me the ability to…do a round circle, but I'm going to actually…do something completely different this time.…I'm going to turn my focal shift all the way down.…If you recall the focal shift is my fall off rate.…So by turning the focal shift all the way down…
- Importing assets
- Sculpting and massing
- Positioning with the Move tool
- Adding texture and polish
- Stylizing edges and asymmetry
- Duplicating, moving, and merging parts
- Scaling and rescaling
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Sculpting a Creature with ZBrush and Photoshopwith Rayce Bird2h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Detailing and Polishing
3. Sculpting the Book and Pages
4. Final Assembly and Adjustments
Final wrap-up2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.