To understand video SEO, you need to understand how video impacts the conventional search engine results pages (SERPs), and how YouTube SERPs blend different types of content. Learn about the mix of thumbnails, styles, and video information in video search results.
- [Instructor] To understand video SEO,…you need to understand how video impacts…the conventional search results pages or SERPs…and how YouTube SERPs blend different kinds of content.…There are three basic kinds of video SERPs.…Search snippets appear in conventional search results.…These aren't as common as they once were…and they generally link back to the video page,…which is often YouTube.…Don't expect these snippets…to drive traffic to your own site.…They'll drive traffic to the video on YouTube.…
Video snippets don't always link…to a different video service or web page…by the way, but that's okay.…Snippets give your brand visibility…and they, of course, get people to watch your video.…The snippets include a thumbnail,…a description, and a title.…Note that Google bolds keyword matches…and related terms in or near the description.…That comes in handy if you want…to grab the searcher's attention.…There's something subtle going on here too.…Conventional search results often link…to video pages on the target sites.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- List the two factors search engines consider when generating a score.
- Determine the appropriate video hosting service for your content.
- Recall the best practices for dealing with negative comments.
- Identify the appropriate way to adjust the timing in a transcript.
- Name the primary benefit of creating an XML site map for each video page on your own site.
- Apply information gathered from video analytics to increase your mobile audience.