Use SEO strategies such as transcripts and tags to help your videos appear higher in search results and attract more viewers over time.
- [Ian] The late Steve Jobs said, "We're in the era of digital video, and it's a mess." Well, you got that right, Steve. As consumers we navigate that mess using video search. As businesses our marketing depends on our ability to show up in video search results. That's what video SEO is all about. I'm Ian Lurie, and I've been a digital marketer for over 20 years. I run a digital agency, and I've recorded and helped optimize hundreds of webinars, training, marketing, and other videos. In this course, I'll show you how to make your videos the best possible targets for search engines.
We'll uncover why a video ranking can be such a great boost for your business. We'll take a look at individual ranking factors, from transcripts to tags, and how audience response can have such a profound affect on your rankings. This field is changing all the time. Search engines and video search engines adjust the algorithms they use to build their search results. I designed this course to build around the rules that don't change. Videos that are easily categorized and steadily engage their audience move up. So instead of chasing small changes and loopholes in search algorithms, you'll learn the fundamentals of good optimization.
Ultimately, you'll be able to take advantage of the easier path to high rankings that video provides. Let's get started.
- List the two factors search engines consider when generating a score.
- Determine the appropriate video hosting service for your content.
- Recall the best practices for dealing with negative comments.
- Identify the appropriate way to adjust the timing in a transcript.
- Name the primary benefit of creating an XML site map for each video page on your own site.
- Apply information gathered from video analytics to increase your mobile audience.