Risky, short-term tricks will ultimately hurt your video SEO efforts. Ian Lurie discusses some of the most common video SEO myths, and why you need to avoid them.
- [Narrator] I hear some pretty awful video ranking myths.…I try to be polite when I do,…but these are risky short-term tricks…that will ultimately hurt your video SEO efforts.…Here are the worst video SEO myths I've heard…and why they're wrong.…Number one, you can buy views, comments, embeds, and links,…and use that kind of fakery to get higher rankings.…Strictly speaking yes, but YouTube, Google and Bing…aren't stupid, in fact they're really smart.…Services that pay people to view videos,…they're often called click farms,…show patterns that scream fake.…
They generate a lot of views in a very short time.…They generate views from a single location…or a known proxy service.…They often generate incomplete views,…or views without additional participation like likes.…They show more subtle signals too…and no one's figured out how to outsmart…the search engines by hiding those signals.…If you get 10,000 views over two days and then nothing,…the search engines take a very careful look.…If they find fakery, the best you can hope for…
- What is video SEO?
- Debunking video-ranking myths
- Picking a video hosting service
- Researching topics and keywords
- Writing a great title and descriptions
- Getting viewers to subscribe and comment
- Using social media to announce videos
- Creating an optimized playlist and channel
- Analyzing your success