Video rankings are important to any digital strategy. Search volume is high, competition is lower, and rankings can help with larger SEO efforts. Video ranking factors fall into two categories: engagement and relevance. Tactics may change, but those categories won't.
- [Instructor] Video rankings are important…to any digital strategy.…Search volume is high,…competition is lower, and they can help…with larger SEO efforts.…Search engines use complex algorithms…to construct these rankings.…A deep dive into these algorithms would take hours…and quite a bit of caffeine,…so instead, here are the high points.…The best place to start is by taking a quick peek…into the psyche of any search engine.…Search engines want to make money.…More views means they can sell more ads.…So any video search engine wants…to deliver video that draws lots of views from people…who will then stick around and watch more.…
Whenever you optimize, keep in mind,…if you can provide quality results…that help the search engine generate those views,…you're going to rank higher.…To rank videos, search engines look…at two types of factors.…They examine the audience's interest in the video,…and they compare the relevance of that video…to the specific search query.…Algorithms change all the time,…but those principles remain the same.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is video SEO?
- Debunking video-ranking myths
- Picking a video hosting service
- Researching topics and keywords
- Writing a great title and descriptions
- Getting viewers to subscribe and comment
- Using social media to announce videos
- Creating an optimized playlist and channel
- Analyzing your success