YouTube offers a rich analytics report. Ian Lurie walks through the features that matter to video SEO, including how to measure video performance, viewer sources, and view quality.
- [Instructor] YouTube offers a rich analytics report.…So rich I could spend the next hour walking through…every feature and still not provide…a complete overview.…Instead, I'm going to give you a quick walkthrough…of the features that matter to video SEO.…You'll find your analytics report in Creator Studio.…Navigate to the studio, then click Analytics.…You'll see a lot of reports.…For SEO, you should care most about…the stats that measure engagement.…First, look at watch time.…
It'll show you how long viewers watch a video,…and the percentage of video watched.…Are they looking at the whole video?…You can learn a lot from this data.…For example, do they always stop at the same point?…Maybe you should record shorter videos.…Note that you can look for watch time…for playlists as well.…Second, audience retention.…Now here's a note.…If you click on an individual video,…you can see relative retention.…That compares retention to other similar length videos.…Not just yours, but other folks as well.…
For my part, I ignore this report.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is video SEO?
- Debunking video-ranking myths
- Picking a video hosting service
- Researching topics and keywords
- Writing a great title and descriptions
- Getting viewers to subscribe and comment
- Using social media to announce videos
- Creating an optimized playlist and channel
- Analyzing your success