Creating your video is one thing—getting viewers is another. Ian Lurie gives some tips for using social media to get your video out there.
- [Instructor] You've created your video.…You've selected keywords and tags.…You've crafted your title with great care.…All you need is a steady flow of views, shares and reviews,…and you'll be headed up the rankings in no time.…Now the problem is, how do you let people know?…Social media's a fantastic place to start.…Even if you only have a few close friends…on your Facebook account, and a tiny handful…of followers on Twitter, they probably want to help you out,…and they'll go watch your creation if you let them know.…And as more people discover your videos…they will likely seek you out on common social media sites.…
So a consistent social media launch plan is a must.…Every time you publish a new video,…you should announce it.…For me, the bare minimum networks…I use for announcing videos are Facebook,…Twitter and LinkedIn.…Depending on the content, I might also try Reddit…and Hacker News, but these are special cases…and you should use these sites with caution.…Social news site like Reddit and Hacker News…do not appreciate it when you upload marketing content.…
- What is video SEO?
- Debunking video-ranking myths
- Picking a video hosting service
- Researching topics and keywords
- Writing a great title and descriptions
- Getting viewers to subscribe and comment
- Using social media to announce videos
- Creating an optimized playlist and channel
- Analyzing your success