Learn about which type of content works best on YouTube and why.
- [Instructor] Whether you're using YouTube…for marketing or for monetization,…it's important to understand what some…of the most effective content strategies are…for you to be as successful as possible on YouTube.…So, when we talk about content for marketing,…it's important to make sure that you know your audience…and that you're producing content…that's relevant to that audience.…We also want to make sure…that we are engaging the audience…and providing value to them.…We're going to talk about providing value…when we talk about monetization, as well,…but it's also important in marketing.…
If you provide value to a user,…that user is going to be more likely to share your video,…more likely to tell their family and friends…about your product or service,…and it's just going to enhance your marketing efforts.…You also want to make sure that you include clear branding.…Make sure that the user knows…what the product or service is that you're marketing,…who the company is that owns the product or service,…and where they can go to find out more.…
First, learn how to create a channel and attract subscribers. Then find out how to brand your YouTube page, create engaging playlists, and customize content to draw in more viewers. Discover tried-and-true SEO techniques to optimize videos for search engines, and find out how to join the Partner Program, which earns you money by allowing advertisers to display ads on your videos. Finally, Anson shows how to use YouTube Analytics, explaining which statistics to focus on in order to better guide your content strategy.
- Explain the importance of obtaining subscribers when using YouTube for marketing or monetizing.
- Describe what information can be accessed via the YouTube Creator Studio dashboard.
- Assess the pros and cons of creating playlists on a YouTube channel.
- Name the program YouTube creators can use to monetize their videos.
- Summarize three methods in which creators might convince users to subscribe to their channel.
- Compare and contrast the pros and cons of high search volume keywords and long-tail keywords.
- Explain how to use YouTube Analytics to evaluate which of your videos are most successful.