Learn about how and why advertisements are selected on YouTube, and how revenue is calculated.
- [Presenter] Let's talk about how advertising works…on YouTube, specifically, the process that occurs…before an ad is shown before…or alongside a video on YouTube.…Like most forms of online advertising, advertisers…on YouTube bid the dollar amount that they're willing…to pay to display an ad on videos…with particular topics and key words.…For each particular view on a video, the advertiser…that has submitted the highest bid, will have their ad…displayed to the user either before your video…starts, as a pop up banner at the bottom of your video…or as an ad in the sidebar of the page.…
YouTube partners tend to earn about 55 percent…of the total amount that advertisers are paying,…which actually isn't bad because YouTube is acting…as an ad agent and middle man on a massive scale.…To earn revenue on YouTube, you don't have to…have your own sales team to go out and sell advertisements…to companies, all you have to do is publish quality…content and then YouTube does all of the heavy lifting…for you and you get more than half of the revenue from it.…
First, learn how to create a channel and attract subscribers. Then find out how to brand your YouTube page, create engaging playlists, and customize content to draw in more viewers. Discover tried-and-true SEO techniques to optimize videos for search engines, and find out how to join the Partner Program, which earns you money by allowing advertisers to display ads on your videos. Finally, Anson shows how to use YouTube Analytics, explaining which statistics to focus on in order to better guide your content strategy.
- Explain the importance of obtaining subscribers when using YouTube for marketing or monetizing.
- Describe what information can be accessed via the YouTube Creator Studio dashboard.
- Assess the pros and cons of creating playlists on a YouTube channel.
- Name the program YouTube creators can use to monetize their videos.
- Summarize three methods in which creators might convince users to subscribe to their channel.
- Compare and contrast the pros and cons of high search volume keywords and long-tail keywords.
- Explain how to use YouTube Analytics to evaluate which of your videos are most successful.