There's nothing specific you can do to optimize video views. It's all about having a great, useful, or entertaining piece of content. By understanding that, you can create ideal content and facilitate views.
- [Instructor] There's nothing specific…you can do to optimize video views.…It's all about having great, useful or entertaining content.…You can, however, understand why viewership impacts…rankings and what not to do.…By understanding that, you can create ideal content…and facilitate views.…Note, in this section, I talk about video views…and other analytics data.…You can no longer see detailed analytics…for other people's videos.…What you can do is focus on making your videos…as engaging as possible and carefully promoting them.…
Video viewership affects rankings in at least three ways.…First, a video with a high number of views tends to rank…higher for relevant terms.…If lots of people search for space battles…and then watch a particular video,…that's a strong relevance signal to YouTube…that the video should rank for space battles.…Second, video views are an engagement signal.…The number of times people play the video…indicates the overall interest on the part of the audience.…Look at the top ranking videos for…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is video SEO?
- Debunking video-ranking myths
- Picking a video hosting service
- Researching topics and keywords
- Writing a great title and descriptions
- Getting viewers to subscribe and comment
- Using social media to announce videos
- Creating an optimized playlist and channel
- Analyzing your success